Hello again and happy new year! It feels like ages since I posted here as Christmas Eve seems so long ago! I’ve been having a lovely time travelling up and down the country to see family and friends over Christmas and it’s nice to be back home for the new year. I’ve been out and about with my camera while while I’ve been away and I’ll be posting photos over the next few days when I’ve caught up with myself!
This photo from Millennium Bridge in London is one of my favourite shots. Most people walk along without realising the locks are even there, but I enjoyed reading the messages on all of them :)
I’m not one for new year resolutions, but I’ve got lots of exciting things going on with my photography, website and store in 2014…
- If you’re starting a 365 photography project and are new to digital photography/flickr/blogging, check out my PDF eBook ThreeSixFive which is packed full of tips and month by month ideas. You can read more about it here and, as it’s new year, enter the code ‘NEWYEAR10‘ at the checkout for a 10% discount on all store items (valid until 8th January).
- I’m often asked about how I create the style of my photos, and I’m really excited to be working on a pack of Lightroom 5 presets which will be available in my store in the next few weeks.
- I’ll also be starting to sell digital files (as well as the hard copy prints that are currently available) so check back in store to see items added throughout January and February. The love padlock photography above is now available as a digital file purchase here.
- I’ve been learning more about portrait photography now that I have my super new Nikkor 85mm f1.8 lens :) I’m building a collection of portraits behind the scenes and will be sharing my progress with you as I go along.
- I’m undecided on what photography project to tackle next. There are so many possible projects but I need to make a sensible decision about what is manageable!
Finally, I’ll be carrying on posting my series of Ten Photos which are everyday shots from when I’m out and about with my camera during the week. I’ll also be continuing my regular series of Friday links.
Thank you everyone for visiting and commenting on my photos and posts – I really appreciate you stopping by!
Bye for now x